CPP-CSHARP PORTABILITY STATUS -- 2010-07-08

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2010 at 5:44 PM
In the pursuit of standard methods and processes that are rigorously portable between C++ and CSHARP, a new challenge has been encountered. Specifically, I am running out of post office files. Currently, the Programmable Software Development System provides a maximum of 16 post office files for a source development sub-task. The challenge was encountered while developing the CSHARP standard parts kit for preparing a routine associated with a specific class. The development process based on a "driver philosophy" was progressing normally until I attempted to provide the scripts required to call a public routine of another class. Currently, there are four post office files associated with each class: An "includes" post office file for the other classes needed, a "typedef" post office file to contain the approved data types, a "structure" post office file to contain the data structure associated with the class, and the "class" post office that defines the actual class. A significant mailbox management process resulted when I started processing a call to routine in another class, Also, only four such calls could use up my post office file resource. As required in the Deming Cycle, one needs to be sensitive to difficulties encountered in the execution of a plan and respond by changing the plan as required. The mailbox communication structure of this project needs to be reconfigured and simplified with the goal of having no more than one post office files needed for each class. Then routines belonging up to 14 different classes could be called by a specific routine (the routine and its class has a post office file). This revision has been started with an upgrade of the post office management software parts kit and the the "includes" post office software parts kits.