AUTOMATED DEVELOPMENT LOG PREPARATION

Coordinator
Apr 8, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Keeping an accurate log of the development process is becoming increasingly difficult and time consuming. Modification of Programmable Software Development Environment to automate this record keeping process has begun and for the present will be top-priority.

Each of the software parts commands can be terminated by a comment.  This comment can be used to provide a checkout breakpoint, ";<----".  It can also be used to associate a completion date with the command.

The process associated with the development of standard software parts will consist of the following four versions: experimental, alpha version, beta version, and released version.

A Text file report will be prepared each time a software parts library is modified. This report will contain the total number of commands, the number of commands with checkout breakpoints, and the number of commands with today's date in each software part defined by the software parts files contained in the library development project.

The checkout of the revised Programmable Software Development Environment is complete. Status reports have been successfully generated. All versions of the software parts library have been successfully generated.

The revised Programmable Software Development Environment is currently being aggressively tested by using it to revise its manual. When this revision is complete and any errors encountered are fixed, the Programmable Software Development Environment will be published. One minor problems has been encountered and fixed.

The Manual Effort requires an update in the Project File, Development Task File, and the Library Sub-Task File sections. The Development Task File section has been started. The associated software parts library has been updated to facilitate the preparation of similar text with a single point source.  Similar commands (_DRIVE_PATH for example) provided the motivation.

Saturday:  The manual software parts library has been successfully updated. Development Task file command table of contents prepared.

Monday: The Task Sequence Considerations page of the the Development Task has been prepared.  This page is similar to Task Sequence Considerations page of the project file. Both of these pages are defined by a single point source.

Tuesday: The Portability Considerations page of the Development Task has been converted from the Front Page definition to the portable Software Parts Library Definition. I am not happy with the examples presented in original manual and I plan to do something about it.

Thursday: I have prepared a *.html sample of the Development Task File. I already have an associated sample of the Project file. I plan to modify the Portability Consideration Pages for both sections to use these sample files.

Friday: The Portability Considerations of both the Project and Development Task file sections have been successfully modified to use the sample files.  The Development Task commands will be converted next.