TOOL UPGRADE

Coordinator
Jul 15, 2011 at 3:28 PM

The activity associated with the maintenance of Programmable Software Development Environment will be presented here.

It is planned to update the development task file by adding a command to allow access to a different development task file. The preparation of the Programmable Software Development Environment manual will benefit from more than one level of development task files.

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2011 at 7:08 PM

FRIDAY: The modifications required to accomplish the above task will be defined.  This modification is needed to upgrade the Programmable Software Development Environment manual.

SATURDAY: To implement multiple levels of the development task files, the development task routine (devproj.cpp), the call management routines (preccall.cpp, preccallutil, and preccallproc.cpp), and their associated header files will need to be modified. To facilitate the debugging process, these modifications will first be made in the Windows version.

Coordinator
Sep 16, 2011 at 4:03 PM

FRIDAY: The precall routine prepush will be redefined by two sub-functions, prepushbegin (load the arguments) and prepushend (write the call record).  This redefinition will greatly simplify the use of the prepush function where additional data must be loaded.  This data will include the file structure addresses.

SUNDAY: the preccall source and header files (routines prepush, prepushbegin, and prepushend) have been modified and successfully tested.

Coordinator
Sep 23, 2011 at 6:53 PM

FRIDAY: The precallproc source and header files have been modified to include a routine for loading the text file data.

Coordinator
Oct 7, 2011 at 6:36 PM

FRIDAY: The mainprj and devproj source and header files have been modified to load the text file data upon after opening the first development task file. Planning the management of the task sequence numbers entered by the _TASK_NO commands in a multi-level development task environment is next.

For more information, please visit my web-site, "www.whatifwe.com".

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2011 at 6:58 PM

FRIDAY: The devproj, preccall, and precallproc source and header files have been modified to load the task number (_TASK_NO commands) after opening the development task file.

For more information and free downloads, please visit my web-site, "www.whatifwe.com".

Coordinator
Oct 21, 2011 at 5:10 PM

THURSDAY: The devproj, preccall, and precallproc source and header files have been modified to load the required file update times.

Coordinator
Oct 28, 2011 at 4:53 PM

It is planned to update the development task file by adding a command to allow access to a different development task file. The preparation of the Programmable Software Development Environment manual will benefit from more than one level of development task files.

MONDAY: The testprj source and header files have been modified relative to the use of the prepushbegin routine.

Coordinator
Nov 11, 2011 at 6:33 PM

THURSDAY: The modifications to Programmable Software Development Environment have been tested relative to a single level of development task file.  Testing of a single level of development task file with an error will commence.

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2011 at 6:54 PM

FRIDAY: The modifications to Programmable Software Development Environment have been tested relative to a single level of development task file with an error. Testing of multi-level development task files has begun.

SATURDAY: The modifications to Programmable Software Development Environment have been tested relative to a multi-level development task files. Testing of multi-level development task files with an error is next.

MONDAY: Testing of multi-level development task files with an error has revealed an error in the management of task numbers in the development task file. The correction of this error has begun.

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2011 at 6:21 PM

FRIDAY: I hope that all readers had a good Thanksgiving. I appeared to have violated one of my basic principles in developing the upgrade: "Simplify and add Lightness". I have modified the typedef.h, define.hpp and associate *.mac files to implement the capability of handling up to 16 development task files using an array.  The modification are proceeding; they appear to be a much simpler design. 

MONDAY: The modifications to the devprj routines of the Programmable Software Development Environment have been completed and are ready for test.

TUESDAY: The modifications to Programmable Software Development Environment have been tested relative to a single-level development task file. Testing of multi-level development task files will commence.

WEDNESDAY: Testing of multi-level development task files has revealed an error in the revised precall, precallproc, and precallutil routines. I plan to return to the original routines.

THURSDAY: Using the original precall, precallproc, and precallutil routines was successful. Two multi-level error conditions will be tested next.

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2011 at 6:48 PM

FRIDAY: Checkout of the Windows upgrade is complete.  The preparation of the Linux version is next. 

SATURDAY: Modification and checkout of the Linux upgrade is complete.  The modification of the manual to reflect these changes is next. 

MONDAY: The modifications to the development task section of the manual has been started.

WEDNESDAY: An maximum number of post office error handling error was encountered and identified. It will be fixed.

THURSDAY: The post office error has been corrected and the manual has been updated. Windows and Linux packages will be prepared for upload.

Coordinator
Apr 20, 2012 at 8:39 PM

It is planned to update the Programmable Software Development Environment to provide the capability of preparing a text file copy of the command line screen display.  It is also planned to update the debug screen menu to provide the capability of making a comment (which would be recorded in the screen display file). A person desiring to learn how to use this program would want to look over my shoulder when I am using it.  This screen display file would provide an equivalent capability.

TUESDAY: The modifications to Programmable Software Development Environment are currently being identified and are expected to be finished in the next several days.

Coordinator
May 4, 2012 at 9:05 PM

It is planned to update the Programmable Software Development Environment to provide the capability of preparing a text file copy of the command line screen display.  It is also planned to update the debug screen menu to provide the capability of making a comment (which would be recorded in the screen display file). A person desiring to learn how to use this program would want to look over my shoulder when I am using it.  This screen display file would provide an equivalent capability.

THURSDAY: The modifications to Programmable Software Development Environment have been started with the changes to precdbug routine needed to permit the entry of comments in the debug menu.

Coordinator
May 11, 2012 at 7:26 PM

TUESDAY: The modifications to the guicomm routine of the Programmable Software Development Environment has been started. An additional routine for entering the report file name has been prepared.

Coordinator
May 18, 2012 at 4:32 PM

TUESDAY: The modifications to the guicomm routine of the Programmable Software Development Environment have been made. This includes the menu needed to save or delete the console report file. Modifications to the mainprj and the explrpde files are next. Testing will commence after mainprj and explrpde have been modified

Coordinator
May 25, 2012 at 8:34 PM

MONDAY: The modifications to both the Win32 and Linux versions of the Programmable Software Development Environment have been completed and tested. The updating of the manual is next and the new version will be used to accomplish this task

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2012 at 8:56 PM

SATURDAY: A Programmable Software Development Environment system error resulted when the debug command ";<----" is used on the _KEYBOARD command. This error is caused by an interaction between the keyboard requirements of the debug and the _KEYBOARD commands.  I will look into possible solutions. Until I find a solution, do not use the ";<----" command on the _KEYBOARD command line.

Coordinator
Aug 16, 2012 at 7:15 PM

SATURDAY: The zip files containing the new version of the Programmable Software Development Environment will now be prepared.

THURSDAY: The modifications of the Windows and Linux versions of the Programmable Software Development Environment  been completed and are available for download.

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2012 at 7:54 PM

It is planned to upgrade the Programmable Software Development Environment to include the capability of reading the paste-in text files where the each paragraph is one very long line.

Currently, the Programmable Software Development Environment has the capability of reading a standard ASCII text file where the TAB character is replaced with a suitable number of blanks. Each line of the text file cannot be longer than 256 characters. On the other hand, the Programmable Software Development Environment has the capability of writing a paste-in text file where each paragraph is one very long line. This capability includes the ability to include special characters such the TAB.

The ability to read the paste-in text file is needed to certify that the file has not been changed, was developed using the agree-upon standard libraries, or has not been illegally copied.

TUESDAY: The new utility routine for precfile.cpp for reading a string of ASCII text characters has been prepared.  These text characters do not include byte values less than 32 or greater than 126.  The preparation of utility routine will read a special character (bytes values less than 32 or greater than 126) is the next task. 

THURSDAY: The new utility routine for precfile.cpp for reading a special character (bytes values less than 32 or greater than 126) has been prepared. The next task will be to integrate these routines into the existing routine for reading a line of a text file. Additional small utilities may be needed.

Coordinator
Dec 21, 2012 at 5:00 PM

It is planned to upgrade the Programmable Software Development Environment to include the capability of reading the paste-in text files where the each paragraph is one very long line.

Currently, the Programmable Software Development Environment has the capability of reading a standard ASCII text file where the TAB character is replaced with a suitable number of blanks. Each line of the text file cannot be longer than 256 characters. On the other hand, the Programmable Software Development Environment has the capability of writing a paste-in text file where each paragraph is one very long line. This capability includes the ability to include special characters such the TAB.

The ability to read the paste-in text file is needed to certify that the file has not been changed, was developed using the agree-upon standard libraries, or has not been illegally copied.

THURSDAY: The new utility routine for precfile.cpp for completing a string of characters read from a "paste-in" file has been prepared. The next step will be to continue the required integration efforts.

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2013 at 4:46 PM

THURSDAY: The new utility routine for precfile.cpp for completing a string of characters read from a "paste-in" file has been prepared. The next step will be to continue the required integration efforts. My apologies for putting this on hold.  I should be able to restart this effort within a week.

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2013 at 5:07 PM

THURSDAY: The utility procedures for precfile.cpp for reading a "paste-in" file have been prepared, integrated into the standard text reading system, and tested in a Win32 environment with Win32 text files (lines ending with CRLF characters). These utilities still have to be tested with Linux generated files (lines ending with LF character) and in a Linux machine. This will be done next and no difficulties are expected.  Once this is done, the Programmable Software Development Environment instructions for reading the long paste-in text file lines can be defined.  

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2013 at 4:20 PM

MONDAY: 2013/01/21

STATUS: Checkout of the updated Programmable Software Development Environment relative to reading a LINUX text file in a WIN32 enviroment has begun.

DETAIL: The files defining this blog, written on my LINUX machine, will be used as the test LINUX text files.

RESULTS: This capability has been successfully tested.

NEXT TASK: Install the updated Programmable Software Development Environment on my LINUX machine and verify proper operation.

TUESDAY: 2013/01/22

STATUS: The updated Programmable Software Development Environment has been successfully installed and tested on my LINUX machine.

DETAIL: To avoid problems resulting from differences between WIN32 and LINUX, the precfile source generation file was appropriate modified. The early forms of the Programmable Software Development Environment are not strictly portable between WIN32 and LINUX.

RESULTS: Release forms of the updated Programmable Software Development Environment were installed on both my WIN32 and LINUX machines.

NEXT TASK: Plan the additional Programmable Software Development Environment commands for reading the long "Paste In" lines.

WEDNESDAY: 2013/01/23

STATUS: To facilitate the certification of long "Paste In" lines, a read command set similar to that of the Buffer Output Command set was selected.

DETAIL: Specifically, the commands will be _BEGIN_READ, _READ_SEGMENT, and _END_READ. Special characters such as the TAB will be returned in the "Name" format. Text data will be returned in the "Text Expression" format.

NEXT TASK: The Buffer Output command can only be done one file at a time.  The equivalent read command set can simultaneously process multiple files. The next task will be to determine if the Buffer Output command set can/should be upgraded to be able to simultaneously process multiple files.

THURSDAY: 2013/01/24

STATUS: I have examined the three Buffer Output commands and have found that there is no reason why they cannot be updated to simultaneously process multiple files.

DETAIL: The primary problem is that the modifications will significantly change the commands and hence the current libraries that use them.

RESULTS: I believe that these changes, particularly if from a user point of view, cause the Write commands to behave in an identical manner with the corresponding Read commands. The command names may need to change; For example, _BEGIN_WRITE, _WRITE_SEGMENT, AND _END_WRITE.

NEXT TASK: Plan the upgrade to the Programmable Software Development Environment to implement the _BEGIN_READ, _READ_SEGMENT, and _END_READ commands.

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2013 at 7:32 PM

FRIDAY: 2013/01/25 ************************************************

STATUS: It occurred to me last night that both the reading and the writing of the paste-in text file can be accomplished by one command each; i.e., _READ_SEGMENT and _WRITE_SEGMENT.

DETAIL: The biggest challenge is that multiple use of the command is required to write / read the line. Specifically, writing of the line will not be complete until the Line-feed character is written.

NEXT TASK: Plan the changes to precfile.cpp that will be necessary to implement a one command implementation of the writing and reading of a long paste-line text file line.

THURSDAY: 2013/01/31 ************************************************

STATUS: Each of the text file output commands write a complete line. Each of the text file input commands read a complete line.

DETAIL: The buffer output command set assembles the segments into a temporary file and then when completed, transfer the entire line to the selected output file.

RESULTS: The property of reading or writing a text file one line at a time is important to preserve. The Write Buffer commands will not be functionally changed.

NEXT TASK: Plan the upgrade to the precfile of the Programmable Software Development Environment to render the read utilities previously developed accessible from the precoper class.
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2013 at 6:22 PM

MONDAY: 2013/02/05

STATUS: Modifications to precfile.cpp have begun. A preliminary version of a routine for reading a segment has been prepared. The act of preparing this preliminary version has revealed deficiencies in the utilities that have been previously prepared.

DETAIL: Specifically, the utilities place the results of the reading process into an internal private text structure where it is subsequently processed to replace the tabs with the requisite number of blanks.

NEXT TASK: These utilities will be modified to receive the text structure as a parameter in order to render the data accessible from the calling procedure.
Coordinator
Feb 6, 2013 at 5:34 PM

TUESDAY: 2013/02/06

STATUS: Modifications to precfile.cpp read utilities are progressing.

DETAIL: The utility routines "isolate_special_char" (Fetches a special character) and "isolate_text_expression" (Fetches a text expression) have been modified and tested.

NEXT TASK: The modification of the read utility routines will continue.
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2013 at 10:45 PM

SATURDAY: 2013/02/09 ************************************************

DETAIL: The utility routines "initial_read_segment" (Sets up the reading of the input text file) and "read_segment" (Reads a specified segment of the input text file) have been modified and tested.

Coordinator
Feb 19, 2013 at 5:33 PM
It is planned to upgrade the Programmable Software Development
Environment to include the capability of reading the paste-in text
files where the each paragraph is one very long line.

The ability to read the paste-in text file is needed to certify that
the file has not been changed, was developed using the agree-upon
standard libraries, or has not been illegally copied.

TUESDAY: 2013/02/19

DETAIL: An error was found in one of the read utility routines that
effected the detection of the CRLF in the last line of the file.

RESULTS: This error was successfully corrected in both the Win32 and
Linux versions.

Coordinator
Feb 20, 2013 at 5:41 PM

WEDNESDAY: 2013/02/20

STATUS: To the best of my knowledge, the revisions of the precfile source files is complete.

NEXT TASK: The revisions to the precoper source files will now be planned.
Coordinator
Feb 21, 2013 at 5:05 PM

THURSDAY: 2013/02/21

STATUS: The process of selecting a set of commands has been started.

NEXT TASK: Is to consider whether the capability of processing more
than one file at the same time needs to be provided.
Coordinator
Feb 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM

TUESDAY: 2013/02/26

STATUS: Modifications to precfile.cpp to correct an error reporting
inadequacy have been successfully implemented. The error message was
"Illegal First Character".

DETAIL: One of the most difficult design challenges is error reporting.
An error occurred that was very difficult to find and correct based on
the error message.

RESULTS: The error message now includes the associated text line.

NEXT TASK: The process of selecting a set of commands will be restarted.
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2013 at 4:56 PM

WEDNESDAY: 2013/02/27

STATUS: At the present time, my buffer writing capability is restricted
to one file at a time. It is my current belief that it should be the
same for the buffer reading capability. Furthermore, I currently do not
believe that both reading and writing at the same time will be needed.

DETAIL: The history of the buffer writing commands is important. It was
originally prepared so that I could write make files using the
Programmable Software Development Environment. The make file uses the
tab character. This capability was subsequently enhanced to be able to
write the very long paste-in lines.

NEXT TASK: An set of commands for reading a text line using the buffer
resource will now be defined. These commands will be an extension of
the previously defined write commands.
Coordinator
Mar 11, 2013 at 9:30 PM

MONDAY: 2013/03/33

STATUS: I have been considering an appropriate command set for the
Buffer Read Commands and encountered a significant problem.
Specifically, it would separate the Buffer commands from both the
Output File section as well as the Input File sub-sections of Software
Parts section of the Manual.

DETAIL: Specifically, I have kept the Input File and Output File
capabilities rigorously separate. This has been quite valuable in the
use of the Programmable Software Development Environment.

NEXT TASK: I will examine the precoper.cpp routine with the express
purpose of evaluating the ease of using two buffers, one for the write
buffer commands and the other for the read buffer commands.
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2013 at 9:30 PM
files where the each paragraph is one very long line. You may need to
download the latest version of the Programmable Software Development
Environment to fully understand my reports.

TUESDAY: 2013/03/12

STATUS: I have examined the precoper.cpp, the precsrce.cpp, and the
srcproj.cpp and have found that the use of two buffers, one for the
write buffer commands and the other for the read buffer commands can be
accomplished.

DETAIL: Initialization of the process is accomplished in srcproj.cpp
and the implementation of the commands is accomplished in precoper.cpp.
srcproj.cpp is an interface program that passes the data from
srcproj.cpp to precoper.cpp.

NEXT TASK: Modifications to srcproj.cpp will be started.
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2013 at 8:45 PM

THURSDAY: 2013/03/14

DETAIL: An early version of the Programmable Software Development
Environment is used to modify the current version. Two of the files
that define the Win32 srcproj.cpp are win32.mac and srcprojgen.mac. Two
of the files that define the Linux srcproj.cpp are linux.mac and
srcprojgen.mac. These three files have been modified to specify the
buffer read and the buffer write file extents.

RESULTS: The revised versions of both the Linux and Win32 versions of
the Programmable Software Development Environment have been tested. The
revised version has not been released.

NEXT TASK: The necessary modifications to the file definition structure
associated with the buffer will be made next.
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2013 at 11:01 PM

SUNDAY: 2013/03/17

STATUS: The necessary modifications to the PROCESS_FILE structure
associated with the buffer have been made and successfully tested in
both WIN32 and LINUX.

NEXT TASK: The necessary modifications to the PROCESS_DATA structure
associated with the buffer will be made next.
Coordinator
Mar 22, 2013 at 10:48 PM

FRIDAY: 2013/03/22 ************************************************

STATUS: The precoper.cpp files were inspected and found to be properly
modified in readiness for adding the read buffer commands.

DETAIL: In particular, all of the associated variables have been
altered to relative to having two buffers, one for the write buffer
commands and the other for the read buffer commands.

NEXT TASK: The next step will be to define a set of read buffer
commands.
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM

SATURDAY: 2013/03/23

STATUS: The _READ_BUFFER. _GET_BUFFER, _END_BUFFER commands have been
selected for the Read Buffer Command set. Also, the input buffer file
capability has been completely implemented in srcproj.cpp in both the
Windows and Linux environment.

NEXT TASK: The precoper.cpp will be modified next.
Coordinator
Mar 27, 2013 at 12:16 AM

TUESDAY: 2013/03/26

STATUS: The modifications to the precoper.cpp file have begun. The
utility for transferring a line from the selected input file to the
buffer file has been prepared.

DETAIL: The _READ_BUFFER command uses this utility.

NEXT TASK: The _READ_BUFFER command will be added to precoper.cpp file.
Coordinator
Mar 29, 2013 at 12:24 AM

THURSDAY: 2013/03/28

STATUS: The code for the _READ_BUFFER command has been added to
precoper.cpp source file.

NEXT TASK: The utility associated with the _GET_BUFFER command will be
added to the precoper.cpp source file.
Coordinator
Mar 30, 2013 at 12:14 AM

FRIDAY: 2013/03/29

STATUS: The modifications to precoper.cpp file for both the _GET_BUFFER
and the _END_BUFFER have been completed.

NEXT TASK: The next step will be to modify the precmac.cpp source file
to include the _READ_BUFFER, _GET_BUFFER, and _END_BUFFER commands.
Coordinator
Apr 1, 2013 at 11:25 PM

MONDAY: 2013/04/01

NEXT TASK: Some modifications to precfile.cpp are needed to optimize
the checkout process. These modifications will be made next.
Coordinator
Apr 4, 2013 at 11:46 PM

THURSDAY: 2013/04/04

STATUS: The modifications to precfile.cpp were started and found to
create more problems than they solved. The modifications were removed.
The read buffer operations are ready for test.

DETAIL: Including this capability in the basic output library is the
best way to test these instructions.

NEXT TASK: The next task is to define the changes to the basic output
library. In particular, should these new instructions be exclusively
used to perform its writing / certification functions?
Coordinator
Apr 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM

FRIDAY: 2013/04/05

STATUS: Currently, I believe that changes to use these new instructions
exclusively should be made to the basic output library.

DETAIL: I believe that it will be easier to make this change than to
add a second type of file with the capability.

NEXT TASK: The next task will be to start modifying the software parts
associated with the basic output library. This new library will be
used to test the instructions associated with the read buffer commands.
My Windows Machine will be used for this process. Once the tests have
been completed, the updated routines will be transferred to the Linux
Machine and tested there.
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2013 at 8:51 PM

MONDAY: 2013/04/08

STATUS: I have started modifying the software parts associated with the
basic output library. I have completed the utility software parts
required for the processing an end-of-file. Unfortunately, I have found
that the exclusive use of buffer read/write technology is impractical.

DETAIL: In all cases, a line must be completely read or written before
the next line can be processed. In the normal read / write instruction,
this is accomplished by one command. The buffer read / write
instruction requires a minimum of three commands to complete the
operation. Either a major modification to both the read and write
buffer commands would be required, or a separate buffer resource must
be added to the basic output library.

RESULTS: The buffer read / write end-of-file utility software parts
should function properly in basic output library. They will greatly
assist me in testing the revised Programmable Software Development
Environment.

NEXT TASK: The end-of-file utilities will be integrated into the basic
output language and used to test the new Programmable Software
Development Environment commands.
Coordinator
Apr 11, 2013 at 9:53 PM

THURSDAY: 2013/04/11

STATUS: The testing of the read buffer operations have been started.
These tests have revealed a difficult buffer management problem

DETAIL: Specifically, the buffer file is treated both as a text file
and a binary file. In the read buffer commands, it is written as a
binary file and read as a text file. Theoretically, this can be done.
Unfortunately, the error protection systems are preventing this from
occurring.

NEXT TASK: I need to find a means of solving this problem in the most
efficient means possible. The ideal way would be to eliminate the
buffer file altogether and alter both the read and write buffer
instructions to include the file number. This is a major change which
I am hoping to avoid.
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2013 at 8:31 PM

SATURDAY: 2013/04/13

STATUS: I made some additional experiments directed to finding an
efficient means of solving the buffer management problems. This effort
was not successful.

DETAIL: The best means of implementing this capability is to eliminate
the buffer file altogether and alter both the read and write buffer
instructions to include the file number.

NEXT TASK: The next step will be to plan this major change.
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM

TUESDAY: 2013/04/16

STATUS: I believe that only two commands are required: _READ_SEGMENT
for reading a segment and _WRITE_SEGMENT for writing a segment.

DETAIL: All of the lines being written by the _WRITE_SEGMENT command
need to be properly completed by the required 0x0a byte before the
completion of a the associated source sub-task. If this is not
accomplished, an error should occur and the associated file should be
deleted.

NEXT TASK: The current read buffer commands, _READ_BUFFER, _GET_BUFFER,
and _END_BUFFER, will be deleted from the Programmable Software
Development Environment starting with precmac.cpp file. The write
buffer commands will be left in the program until the existing software
parts libraries have been updated.
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2013 at 6:38 PM

WEDNESDAY: 2013/02/27

STATUS: The restoration process specified yesterday has been started.
The commands _READ_BUFFER, _GET_BUFFER, and _END_BUFFER have been
removed from the Programmable Software Development Environment.

DETAIL: The precmac, precoper, and precfile source files have been
modified. Modification of the srcproj will complete the restoration
task.

NEXT TASK: Modification of the srcproj will be the next task.
Coordinator
Apr 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM

FRIDAY: 2013/04/19

STATUS: The restoration of the Programmable Software Development
Environment has been completed.

DETAIL: The srcproj source file and the associated header files have
been modified and tested.

NEXT TASK: The next task is to modify the precfile source files to
accommodate the new read segment instruction.
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2013 at 11:56 PM

THURSDAY: 2013/04/25

STATUS: The modification of the precfile source file to accommodate the
new read segment instruction have been functionally prepared and
tested. The affected routines are read_line, isolate_segment, and
isolate_special_char. The routine read_text_segment has been modified
but not as yet tested.

NEXT TASK: I need to find a means of verifying the completion of a
segmented read process. It is necessary to finish reading a line before
starting another one. Defining a method will be the next task.
Coordinator
Apr 27, 2013 at 10:28 PM

FRIDAY: 2013/04/27

STATUS: I examined the segmented read and conventional read text
process and have found that both processes are fully functional
independently of whether the segment read has finished reading a line
before a conventional read line command is issued.

DETAIL: The problems will occur in the management of the commands.
Specifically, problems may result if a _READ_TEXT command is issued
before the end of the line is discovered by the _READ_SEGMENT command.
Management of the commands will be accomplished in "precoper" routines,
not the "precfile" routines.

NEXT TASK: The next task is to modify the "precfile" source files to
accommodate a new write segment instruction.
Coordinator
May 3, 2013 at 8:53 PM

FRIDAY: 2013/05/03

STATUS: I examined the precfile source code relative to a write_segment
instruction and have found it to be adequate.

NEXT TASK: The next task is to add a the new commands, _READ_SEGMENT
and _WRITE_SEGMENT commands to the precoper source files and associated
header files.
Coordinator
May 7, 2013 at 12:32 AM
It is planned to upgrade the Programmable Software Development Environment to include the capability of reading the paste-in text files where the each paragraph is one very long line. You may need to download the latest version of the Programmable Software Development Environment to fully understand my reports.

MONDAY: 2013/05/06

STATUS: I have started modifying the precoper source file to implement the _SEGMENT_READ and _SEGMENT_WRITE commands. The utility subroutine "segment_out", the basic routine for _SEGMENT_WRITE, has been prepared and compiled.

DETAIL: At the present time, the state machine needed to insure operation has not as yet been prepared.

NEXT TASK: The preparation of the utility subroutine needed to implement the _READ_SEGMENT command will be the next task.
Coordinator
May 17, 2013 at 9:41 PM

FRIDAY: 2013/05/17

STATUS: The modifications to the precoper source file needed to
implement the _SEGMENT_READ and _SEGMENT_WRITE" continue. The utility
subroutine "segment_in", the basic routine for _SEGMENT_READ, has been
prepared and compiled.

DETAIL: At the present time, the state machine needed to insure
operation has not as yet been prepared.

NEXT TASK: The next task is to implement the commands, _READ_SEGMENT,
commands in the precoper source files and associated header files.
Coordinator
Jun 17, 2013 at 11:27 PM
It is planned to upgrade the Programmable Software Development Environment to include the capability of reading the paste-in text files where the each paragraph is one very long line. You may need to download the latest version of the Programmable Software Development Environment to fully understand my reports.

MONDAY: 2013/06/17

STATUS: The _READ_SEGMENT and _WRITE_SEGMENT commands in the precoper source files and associated header files for the new Windows machine have been prepared and compiled.

DETAIL: A little over a month ago, my Windows XP machine died. A great deal of effort was required to restore my activity on the new Windows 7 machine. My Visual Studio.net was no longer usable on the new machine; hence, I downloaded a the open source development system "Open Watcom" and used it to re-establish my Windows development activities.

NEXT TASK: The next task will be to examine the options relative to completing a task before an output line has been completed (No CRLF).
Coordinator
Jun 21, 2013 at 11:08 PM

FRIDAY: 2013/06/21

STATUS: The status flag has been implemented into the text output
commands of the precoper source code and has been tested on the
_WRITE_OUT command.

DETAIL: The current development and testing is being done by OpenWatcom
on a Windows 7 machine.

NEXT TASK: The next task will be to modify the srcproj source code so
as to make it a user error if the last line of an output file is
incomplete; i.e., has no CRLF. Again, I will continue to develop the
Windows version first
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2013 at 12:57 AM

MONDAY: 2013/06/24

STATUS: The srcproj source code for the Windows version has been
modified to report a user error if the last line of an output file is
incomplete; i.e., has no CRLF.

RESULTS: The modifications has been successfully tested on an
application that will not produce an incomplete output file.

NEXT TASK: The next task will be to add the _WRITE_SEGMENT and
_READ_SEGMENT commands to the precmac source file. When this is done,
these new commands can be tested.
Coordinator
Jun 28, 2013 at 7:56 PM

FRIDAY: 2013/06/28

STATUS: The modifications to the precmac and precoper source files have
been completed and are ready for test.

DETAIL: The current development and testing is being done by OpenWatcom
on a Windows 7 machine.

NEXT TASK: The basic output library will be used to test these new
features. Its current software parts will require considerable
modification. Making the required modifications will be the next task.
Coordinator
Jun 30, 2013 at 5:27 PM
SUNDAY: 2013/06/30

STATUS: The development/modifications of the software parts associated
with basic output library continues. I briefly reexamined the need to
add a read segment command to find the next CRLF.

DETAIL: To properly perform the desired certification function, we must
read and compare all of the lines in the subject file. We cannot
error-out when we find the first discrepancy. In as much as many
segments will be read before the CRLF, we must be able to find the CRLF
command in a line with a reported discrepancy.

RESULTS: I was able to prepare a general-purpose read-segment utility
capable of finding the next CRLF. There is no current need to develop
an additional command.

NEXT TASK: I will continue to develop/modify the software parts
associated with basic output library. When completed, I will use the
testing of this library as a means of testing the new Programmable
Software Development Environment version.
Coordinator
Jul 5, 2013 at 4:51 PM

FRIDAY: 2013/07/05

STATUS: The testing of the new Programmable Software Development
Environment commands has been delayed until the preparation/
modification of the software parts associated with the basic output
library.

DETAIL: One might ask: why did I not build a simple, special test
library for these instruction. The development of the basic output
library is the most advanced use of these new instructions. I still
think that this library is the best test vehicle for the new commands.

NEXT TASK: To save time in the preparation of the new Programmable
Software Development Environment for publication, I have decided to
start revising its manual.
Coordinator
Jul 9, 2013 at 8:35 PM

TUESDAY: 2013/07/09

STATUS: I have started revising the Programmable Software Development
Environment manual and have updated the Overview for the Output Write
Command.

DETAIL: All of the documentation associated with Output File Write
commands is found on one page and was written using Microsoft Front
Page. It is important to me to eliminate my dependence upon this
application.

RESULTS: The Overview has been successfully modified using the
Programmable Software Development Environment. This process will
continue until all of the Output File Write commands including
_WRITE_SEGMENT have been prepared using the Programmable Software
Development Environment,

NEXT TASK: The next task will be to update the documentation associated
with the _WRITE_OUT command.
Coordinator
Jul 10, 2013 at 5:41 PM

WEDNESDAY: 2013/07/10

STATUS: I have successfully updated the manual documentation associated
with the _WRITE_OUT command.

application.

RESULTS: The _WRITE_OUT documentation has been successfully modified
using the Programmable Software Development Environment. This process
will continue until all of the Output File Write commands including
Development Environment,

with the _LOAD_BUFFER command.
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2013 at 11:58 PM

TUESDAY: 2013/07/16

STATUS: I have successfully updated the manual documentation associated
with the _LOAD_BUFFER command.

application.

RESULTS: The _LOAD_BUFFER documentation has been successfully modified
using the Programmable Software Development Environment. This process
will continue until all of the Output File Write commands including
Development Environment,

with the _APPEND_BUFFER command.
Coordinator
Jul 18, 2013 at 9:48 PM

THURSDAY: 2013/07/18

STATUS: The task to update the documentation associated with the
_APPEND_BUFFER command has been delayed pending the completion of a
recently discovered required update of the Programmable Software
Development Environment.

DETAIL: The input line number as read by the _TEXT_LINE_NO command will
currently not be updated when a CRLF character is read by the command
_READ_SEGMENT.

RESULTS: I have successfully upgraded and debugged the read_line and
the complete_read_segment utilities of the precfile source file to
correct this problem.

with the _APPEND_BUFFER command.
Coordinator
Jul 22, 2013 at 11:46 PM

MONDAY: 2013/07/22

STATUS: The preparation/modification of the software parts and test program associated with the basic output library have progressed sufficiently to permit the testing of the new Programmable Software Development Environment. Preliminary tests of the new Programmable Software Development Environment have revealed that WATCOM debugger is not adequate for the task.

DETAIL: Specifically, the Programmable Software Development Environment has an interface with the command line screen where both data is displayed and keyboard commands are entered. The WATCOM debugger does not properly handle this interface.

RESULTS: This problem can be solved by building three small routines that implement the needed break points and associated data display.

NEXT TASK: The preparation and deployment of these break point routines is the next task.
Coordinator
Jul 23, 2013 at 11:40 PM

TUESDAY: 2013/07/23

STATUS: The preparation and checkout of a basic break point routines
has accomplished.

RESULTS: Currently, I believe that the various forms which display
critical data at each breakpoint can be best implemented by a set of
software parts.

NEXT TASK: The next step is to prepare the required software parts and
to applied them to the various routines to be tested.
Coordinator
Jul 26, 2013 at 12:23 AM

THURSDAY: 2013/07/25

STATUS: The required software parts have been prepared and have been
used to test the _WRITE_SEGMENT command.

RESULTS: The _WRITE_SEGMENT command is functional

NEXT TASK: The next task will be to test the _READ_SEGMENT command.
Coordinator
Jul 30, 2013 at 7:41 PM

MONDAY: 2013/07/29

STATUS: The Windows version of the updated Programmable Software
Development Environment has been tested and has been found to be
operational from a beta point of view.

NEXT TASK: The preparation of the Linux version is the next task.
Coordinator
Aug 1, 2013 at 9:44 PM

THURSDAY: 2013/08/01

STATUS: The source code of the Linux version of thE Programmable
Software Development Environment has been successfully prepared and
compiled.

NEXT TASK: The next task will be to test the linux version of the
Programmable Software Development Environment using the same
basic_output project.
Coordinator
Aug 2, 2013 at 9:43 PM

FRIDAY: 2013/08/02

STATUS: The release versions of both the linux and windows version of
the Programmable Software Development Environment have been compiled,
installed and tested.

NEXT TASK: The next step is to restart the associated modifications of
the manual.
Coordinator
Aug 3, 2013 at 11:42 PM

SATURDAY: 2013/08/03

STATUS: The manual page associated with the _APPEND_BUFFER has been updated.

NEXT TASK: The next step will be to update the _WRITE_BUFFER manual page.
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2013 at 1:11 AM

TUESDAY: 2013/08/06

STATUS: The manual page associated with the _WRITE_BUFFER has been
updated.

NEXT TASK: The next step will be to prepare the _WRITE_SEGMENT manual
page.
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2013 at 4:49 PM

WEDNESDAY: 2013/08/07

STATUS: The manual page associated _WRITE_SEGMENT has been created.

NEXT TASK: The next step will be to prepare the _READ_SEGMENT manual
page.
Coordinator
Aug 10, 2013 at 12:09 AM

FRIDAY: 2013/08/09

STATUS: The manual page associated _READ_SEGMENT has been created.

DETAIL: There is still more effort needed to convert INPUT_FILE Command
Sub-Section of the SOFTWARE PARTS Section into the new, non Front Page
format. Non-the-less, relative to the updated Programmable Software
Development Environment, the manual has been updated and is quite
usable.

NEXT TASK: The next step will be to prepare both the Linux and Windows
version of the upgraded Programmable Software Development Environment
for publication.
Coordinator
Aug 22, 2013 at 9:42 PM
THURSDAY: 2013/08/22

STATUS: The manual page associated with the _SOURCE_LINE_NO of the
INPUT_FILE Command Sub-Section has been updated the new, non Front Page
format.

NEXT TASK: The next task will be to update the _SOURCE_NAME_NO manual
page.
Coordinator
Aug 26, 2013 at 11:16 PM
MONDAY: 2013/08/26

STATUS: The manual pages associated with the _SOURCE_NAME and
_READ_TEXT of the INPUT_FILE Command Sub-Section have been updated the
new, non Front Page format.

NEXT TASK: The next task will be to update the _STATE_READ_TEXT manual
page.
Coordinator
Nov 15, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Currently, the Programmable Software Development Environment has the
capability of reading a standard ASCII text file where the TAB
character is replaced with a suitable number of blanks. Each line of
the text file cannot be longer than 256 characters. On the other hand,
the Programmable Software Development Environment has the capability of
writing a paste-in text file where each paragraph is one very long
line. This capability includes the ability to include special
characters such the TAB.

THURSDAY: 2013/11/14

STATUS: I have found the error in the _WRITE_SEGMENT command of the
Programmable Software Development Environment that would have the
problem with the $ sign.

DETAIL: I found that I called the parameter processing utility twice in
this command; one in the precoper source code defining the instruction
and the other in the associated utility. Calling it twice would cause
the $ in the text data to be considered a parameter.

NEXT TASK: The next task will be to first carefully examine the
precoper source code to verify that the utility is used only once in
precoper. Then the necessary corrections will be made and tested. (I
need to do more on the manual; There is only one of me and I have a
very full plate]
Coordinator
Nov 15, 2013 at 11:52 PM

characters such the TAB.

FRIDAY 2013/11/15

STATUS: The precoper source code has been successfully corrected in
both the Windows and Linux version.

NEXT TASK: I plan to use/test the corrected versions of both the
Windows and Linux versions over the next several weeks. If by mid
December, no further problems are encountered, I will upload these
revised versions to my web-site and my Codeplex site.
Coordinator
Dec 10, 2013 at 12:47 AM

MONDAY: 2013/12/09

STATUS: The corrected Programmable Software Development Environment appears to be functioning. I could publish it now. However, the manual pages associated with the original upgrade of the Input File Commands is a very poor presentation. Therefore, I have restarted the associate manual modification effort which I had put on hold.

DETAIL: I have already have re-documented the _TEXT_EXTENT command

NEXT TASK: The next task will be to update the _STATE_READ_TEXT manual page.
Coordinator
Dec 13, 2013 at 12:51 AM

characters such the TAB.

THURSDAY: 2013/12/12

STATUS: I have re-documented the _STATE_READ_TEXT manual page.

NEXT TASK: The next step will be to prepare the _NO_TEXT_FILES manual
page.
Coordinator
Dec 14, 2013 at 1:33 AM

characters such the TAB.

FRIDAY 2013/12/13

STATUS: I have re-documented the _NO_TEXT_FILES manual page.

NEXT TASK: The next step will be to prepare the _TEXT_NAME manual page.
Coordinator
Dec 17, 2013 at 12:41 AM

characters such the TAB.

MONDAY: 2013/12/16

NEXT TASK: The next task will be to update the _TEXT_PATH manual page.
There are three more pages to update.
Coordinator
Dec 25, 2013 at 1:05 AM

characters such the TAB.

TUESDAY: 2013/12/24

STATUS: The manual page associated with the _TEXT_BASE_NAME (not the
_TEXT_PATH as originally planned) has been updated.

NEXT TASK: The next task will be to update the _TEXT_PATH manual page.
There are two more pages to update.
Coordinator
Dec 26, 2013 at 10:48 PM

THURSDAY: 2013/12/26

STATUS: I have completed the re-documention process of the INPUT FILES software parts commands.

NEXT TASK: The next step will be to make a final proof of the updated manual pages, Once this is done, the updated Programmable Software Development Environment will be prepared for uploading to my website and my CodePlex account.
Coordinator
Jan 5, 2014 at 12:17 AM

SATURDAY: 2014/01/04

STATUS: The upgraded Programmable Software Development Environment has been uploaded to my website and to my Codeplex project as the latest version.

DETAIL: The Linux version can be easily installed by extraction the explrpde directory (In CodePlex. it can be found in the SOURCE zip file} into your home directory. The install_explrpde found in the LINUX subdirectory will compile the source and install the executable.

NEXT TASK: This specific effort is now done.
Coordinator
Jan 20, 2014 at 10:10 PM
The overall purpose of the current Programmable Software Development Environment upgrade process is to certify that a product generated is certifiably releasable.

Major improvement have been made from the 1) Implementation of the experimental, alpha, beta, and release versions of a software parts library and 2) the ability to detect whether the product text files have modified manually (patched).

To certify a software parts library, every command defining this library must be executed. This includes all error detection and reporting statements. These error statements not only include those associated with the user but also those that detect and report programming and Programmable Software Development Environment errors.

Ideally, those _ERROR statements that report programming and Programmable Software Development Environment errors will never be executed. Therefore, they currently can not be included in the certification test sequence. The challenge is to provide a set of commands which will be executed during a test sequence and report a specified programming or Programmable Software Development Environment failure should it occur.

The following two commands need to be developed: 1) _CONTINUE_IF which will error out if the preceeding test condition is false and 2) _CONTINUE_IF_NOT which will error out if the preceeding test condition is true. These statements replace the currently used _JUMP_IF and _JUMP_IF_NOT statements.

MONDAY: 2014/01/20

STATUS: The first step in the plan to develop a release product which has been certified by the task test has been defined.

DETAIL: These two commands will require modifications of the global, precmac, and precoper source files of the Programmable Software Development Environment.

NEXT TASK: The next task will be to upgrade the global source files.
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2014 at 10:59 PM
The overall purpose of the current Programmable Software Development Environment upgrade process is to certify that a product generated is certifiably releasable.

Major improvement have been made from the 1) Implementation of the experimental, alpha, beta, and release versions of a software parts library and 2) the ability to detect whether the product text files have modified manually (patched).

To certify a software parts library, every command defining this library must be executed. This includes all error detection and reporting statements. These error statements not only include those associated with the user but also those that detect and report programming and Programmable Software Development Environment errors.

Ideally, those _ERROR statements that report programming and Programmable Software Development Environment errors will never be executed. Therefore, they currently can not be included in the certification test sequence. The challenge is to provide a set of commands which will be executed during a test sequence and report a specified programming or Programmable Software Development Environment failure should it occur.

The following two commands need to be developed: 1) _CONTINUE_IF which will error out if the preceeding test condition is false and 2) _CONTINUE_IF_NOT which will error out if the preceeding test condition is true. These statements replace the currently used _JUMP_IF and _JUMP_IF_NOT statements.

SUNDAY: 2014/01/26

STATUS: The update of the Programmable Software Development Environment has been completed and tested in both the Win32 and Linux enviroments.

DETAIL: The _CONTINUE_IF, and _CONTINUE_IF_NOT have been implemented in the in the global, precmac, precoper source files, compiled and tested. I am now using the resultant Windows and Linux executables.

NEXT TASK: The next task will be to update the manual to include these commands..
Coordinator
Feb 11, 2014 at 1:08 AM

MONDAY: 2014/02/10

STATUS: I have examined the Program Control section of the manual and have found that the _CONTINUE_IF and _CONTINUE_IF_NOT commands can be added to this section without modifying the existing command presentation files (The table of contents will, of course, need to be modified).

DETAIL: The existing command presentation files were written by Microsoft Front Page and need to be replaced. This can be done at a later time.

NEXT TASK: The next task will be to prepared the sub-directories, files, and modification to the table of contents associated with the _CONTINUE_IF command.
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2014 at 12:05 AM

THURSDAY: 2013/02/13

STATUS: I have modified the Program Control section of the manual to include the _CONTINUE_IF and _CONTINUE_IF_NOT commands.

DETAIL: The other commands which were documented using Microsoft Front Page have not been updated.

NEXT TASK: The new version will next be prepared for publication,
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2014 at 12:14 AM
The overall purpose of the current Programmable Software Development
Environment upgrade process is to certify that a product generated is
certifiably releasable.

To certify a software parts library, every command except the _ERROR
command defining a library must respond to a '<---' debug flag comment
at the end of a the command line. Specifically, when the debug flag is
present, the subject command will be executed first and then the
command data (command, arguments, and results) will be displayed and
then the operator will be given a option of terminated execution or
continuing.

The _ERROR command must be corrected to equivalently respond to the
debug flag.

The major difference between the _ERROR command and all other commands
is that the debug flag will be processed before the command is executed.

The Programmable Software Development Environment will be modified so
that the _ERROR command will respond to the debug flag before
terminating execution.

MONDAY: 2014/03/17

STATUS: I have examined the relevant source files and have determined
this correction can most likely be accomplished by modifying the
precoper source files.

NEXT TASK: The next task will be to create the appropriate archival
file and start the modification process in the Windows version of the
Programmable Software Development Environment.
Coordinator
Mar 23, 2014 at 12:56 AM
certifiably releasable.

continuing.

debug flag.

terminating execution.

SATURDAY: 2014/03/22

STATUS: I have made the necessary modifications to the precoper source
file and have found that these modifications were inadequate.

DETAIL: I am a victim of the phrase "all you have do is...". The
routines that I called in the precoper source file set the stage for
debug management routine that is called in the precsrce source files.
The debug management routines are only called for a continuing process,
not a terminating error condition.

NEXT TASK: Experimental modifications of the precsrce source file is
the next task.
Coordinator
Mar 27, 2014 at 7:50 PM
certifiably releasable.

continuing.

debug flag.

terminating execution.

THURSDAY: 2013/03/27

STATUS: My preliminary experimental modifications of the precsrce
source file were unsuccessful and it occurred to me this morning that
my original approach was probably overkill.

DETAIL: The _ERROR command basically terminates the execution of the
development process. The one argument _ERROR statement provides the
capability of running a test project. I believe that the "<----" is
indicative of the fact that this statement has not as yet been tested
and requires that the process should be unconditionally stopped.
Permission to continue in a test project can be granted by replacing
the "<----" with the date.

NEXT TASK: The precsrce source files will be restored to the archival
files. The precoper source files will be then be modified to implement
the above revised _ERROR definition.
Coordinator
Mar 29, 2014 at 7:47 PM
certifiably releasable.

continuing.

debug flag.

terminating execution.

FRIDAY 2014/03/28

STATUS: The WIN32 precsrce source files was restored to the archival
files. Both the WIN32 and the LINUX precoper source files were then
modified to implement the above revised _ERROR definition.

development process. The zero argument _ERROR statement rendered
obsolete by the _CONTINUE_IF and _CONTINUE_IF_NOT commands is still
available.

RESULTS: Both the updated WIN32 and LINUX Programmable Software
Development Environment prepared, built and tested and found to be
functional.

NEXT TASK: The next task will be to examine the manual to see what
changes need to be made.
Coordinator
Apr 1, 2014 at 10:11 PM
certifiably releasable.

continuing.

debug flag.

terminating execution.

TUESDAY: 2014/04/91

STATUS: The manual section defining the _ERROR command was examined to
determined what changes need to be made.

RESULTS: I realized that I dud not know exactly how the changes that I
have made to the _ERROR command will affect its behavior when neither a
date or "<----" was present.

NEXT TASK: I will re-examine the associated code to evaluate its
behavior and if necessary perform the necessary tests.
Coordinator
Apr 5, 2014 at 1:09 AM
certifiably releasable.

continuing.

debug flag.

terminating execution.

FRIDAY 2014/04/04

STATUS: I have re-examine all of the code associated with the _ERROR
command with a single argument.

development process. When a test project is being executed and an
_ERROR command with an argument is encountered, the specific test case
is terminated and the test project is allowed to process the next test
case.

RESULTS: I found that if the _ERROR command with an argument and no
"<----" or date will behave as it was original defined.

NEXT TASK: The manual description of the _ERROR command needs to be
modified.
Coordinator
May 25, 2014 at 1:19 AM
certifiably releasable.

continuing.

debug flag.

terminating execution.

FRIDAY 2014/05/24

STATUS: The manual description of the _ERROR command has been
successfully modified.

NEXT TASK: The manual description of the ERROR RESOURCE needs to be
modified.
Coordinator
May 28, 2014 at 12:00 AM
certifiably releasable.

continuing.

debug flag.

terminating execution.

TUESDAY: 2014/05/27

STATUS: The manual description of the ERROR RESOURCE has been modified.

NEXT TASK: The manual description of the _STATE_ERROR Command needs to
be modified.
Coordinator
Jun 11, 2014 at 10:04 PM
certifiably releasable.

continuing.

debug flag.

terminating execution.

WEDNESDAY: 2014/06/11

STATUS: The manual description of the _STATE_ERROR command has been
successfully modified.

NEXT TASK: The next step will be to prepare the _GET_ERROR_MACRO manual
page.
Coordinator
Jun 28, 2014 at 12:02 AM
certifiably releasable.

continuing.

debug flag.

terminating execution.

FRIDAY 2014/06/27

STATUS: The manual description of the __GET_ERROR_MACRO and
_GET_ERROR_TYPE commands have been successfully modified.

RESULTS: The manual descriptions for the Error Message Command Group
have now been updated,

NEXT TASK: The revised Programmable Software Development Environment
will now be prepared for publication.
Coordinator
Apr 18, 2015 at 11:09 PM
The purpose of this update task is improve capability of the
Programmable Software Development Environment to certify that a product
is error free and functions according to specification.

The current version control defines the status of the software parts
files. Specifically, the alpha version is still being tested; the beta
version still has code that needs to be tested; and the release version
has been completely tested.

A Programmable Software Development Environment equivalent to the First
Article Test and the Factory Acceptance Test needs to be developed.

SATURDAY: 2015/04/18

STATUS: Modifications to the Programmable Software Development
Environment are needed.

NEXT TASK: The first sub-task will be selected.
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2015 at 9:46 PM
The purpose of this update task is improve capability of the Programmable Software Development Environment to certify that a product is error free and functions according to specification.

The current version control defines the status of the software parts files. Specifically, the alpha version is still being tested; the beta version still has code that needs to be tested; and the release version has been completely tested.

A Programmable Software Development Environment equivalent to the First Article Test and the Factory Acceptance Test needs to be developed.

TUESDAY: 2015/04/28

STATUS: The first task to be performed is an upgrade to the random generator used in the Test Task.

DETAIL: The Windows and Linux test random generator behave differently. The Test Tasks are currently not strictly portable between the two operating system.

NEXT TASK: The question that needs to be asked is whether we need to to replace the test random generator with the one used as a software parts resource. I will closely examine the associated Win32 and Linux routines.
Coordinator
Apr 30, 2015 at 11:16 PM
The purpose of this update task is improve capability of the Programmable Software Development Environment to certify that a product is error free and functions according to specification.

The current version control defines the status of the software parts files. Specifically, the alpha version is still being tested; the beta version still has code that needs to be tested; and the release version has been completely tested.

A Programmable Software Development Environment equivalent to the First Article Test and the Factory Acceptance Test needs to be developed.

THURSDAY: 2015/04/30

STATUS: I have decided to replace the test random generator with the one used as a software parts resource.

RESULTS: Using my secure text library, I formally tested the pseudo-random software parts resources on both the WIN32 and LINUX systems and found that they produced identical results.

NEXT TASK: My next task will be to plan the associated upgrade to test task portion of the Programmable Software Development Environment.
Coordinator
May 9, 2015 at 11:37 PM

SATURDAY: 2015/05/09

STATUS: I modified "testproj.src" to use the existing "crypto.src" routines and tested the resulting Programmable Software Development Environment version. It did not work. The initialization of the "crypto.src" system was not done before its use in "testproj.src".

DETAIL: The "crypto.src" provides a capability of offering multiple random generators for various applications. This process must be initialized before use. Modifying the initialization process will probably seriously disturb the behavior of the associated parts commands.

NEXT TASK: The basic random generator contained in "crypto.src" is much better than the one used in "testproj.src". My next task will be to explore the possibility of using the basic algorithm in "testproj.src". Some relatively modification modifications of "crypto.src" will be needed.
Coordinator
May 29, 2015 at 10:52 PM

FRIDAY 2015/05/29

STATUS: The Win32 version of "crypto.cpp" has been successfully modified so that it can be accessed by "testproj.cpp"

DETAIL: The modified "crypto.cpp" has been found to be functional on its current use.

NEXT TASK: The next task will be to equivalently modify the LINUX version of "crypto.cpp".
Coordinator
Jun 6, 2015 at 11:41 PM

SATURDAY: 2015/06/06

STATUS: The LINUX version of "crypto.cpp" has been successfully
modified and tested.

NEXT TASK: The next task will be to random generator in "testproj.cpp"
with "crypto.cpp". The WIN32 version will be modified first.
Coordinator
Jul 10, 2015 at 10:38 PM

FRIDAY 2015/07/10

STATUS: Both the Win32 and Linux versions of "testproj.cpp" have been successfully modified to use "crypto.cpp" as its random generator.

RESULTS: The resulting Programmable Software Development Environment has been successfully put into service. The Win32 and Linux versions now appear to functioning identically.

NEXT TASK: My next task will be to prepare this version for publication.
Coordinator
Jul 20, 2015 at 11:11 PM

MONDAY: 2015/07/20

STATUS: The Test Task of the Linux and Win32 versions of the
Programmable Software Development Environment now function identically.

DETAIL: Both the Win32 and Linux versions of "testproj.cpp" have been
successfully modified to use "crypto.cpp" as its random generator.

RESULTS: This upgrade will be found in the version 3 downloads
contained in my website. All versions can be found PROGRAMMABLE
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT in www.codeplex.com.

NEXT TASK: This current sub-task has been completed.
Coordinator
Oct 1, 2015 at 1:52 AM
WEDNESDAY: 2015/09/31

STATUS: A few days ago, I lost my research flash drive for a few days.

DETAIL: My research flash drive is my means of performing my activities at remote sites. It contains my Open Office spreadsheet accounting data that could have created a problem for me if it got in the wrong hands. Fortunately, this did not happen.

RESULTS: It was obvious that a cryptographically secure replacement for the Open-Office spreadsheet accounting program was needed.

NEXT TASK: My first task will be to examine the Programmable Software Development Environment to determine what additional instructions will be needed.
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2016 at 12:08 AM
FRIDAY 2016/02/19

STATUS: It has been quite a while since I have explored the
improvement needs of the Programmable Software Development Environment.
Since that time, other challenges have occurred.

RESULTS: The Linux and Windows version produces identical data except
that the the Windows version is much slower.

NEXT TASK: My next task will re-examine the possible open-source C++
development systems.
Coordinator
Feb 26, 2016 at 10:29 PM
FRIDAY 2016/02/26

STATUS: I have found a possible open-source Windows C++ development system, the Cygwin project which I have downloaded.

DETAIL: Mr. Mike, a long time professional friend, informed me about the Cygwin open-source project. This system provides a large collection of GNU and Open Source tools which provide functionality similar to a Linux distribution on Windows. In particular, I need a Win32 equivalent to the Linux gcc compiler.

RESULTS: A Windows equivalent to gcc has been founded in the downloaded package and appears to be functional.

NEXT TASK: My next task will be to build the Programmable Software Development Environment using this technology.
Coordinator
Mar 2, 2016 at 12:07 AM
TUESDAY: 2016/03/01

STATUS: Mr. Mike, while trying to use the Programmable Software
Development Environment for the first time on one of my published LINUX
examples encountered an unexpected system error.

DETAIL: Along time ago, these examples worked properly. These examples
have not been executed for a long period of time.

RESULTS: I ran the Programmable Software Development Environment on the
same example and encountered the same error.

NEXT TASK: My next task will be to find the cause of this error. This
effort must precede my effort to use Cygwin project to make a Windows
version of the Programmable Software Development Environment.
Coordinator
Mar 6, 2016 at 11:46 PM
SUNDAY: 2016/03/06

STATUS: The cause of the Programmable Software Development Environment system error reported by Mr. Mike has been identified.

DETAIL: Mr. Mike was attempting to use one my published LINUX examples. Along time ago, these examples worked properly. These examples have not been executed for a long period of time.

RESULTS: In the example, there were errors in the specification of the Folders containing the example. Apparently, some temporary files are created in the same folder as the *.cmk example project file prior to it being opened.

NEXT TASK: My next task will be to make the changes to the Programmable Software Development Environment needed to open the *.cmk file before any temporary files are created. Also, the associated error messages will be upgraded.
Coordinator
Apr 15, 2016 at 9:25 PM
FRIDAY 2016/04/15

STATUS: I have upgraded the error statements Programmable Software Development Environment to be more clear relative to the use of the "./" which was the primary reason for Mr. Mike's problems with the example programs. Also, significant errors in the example programs were found and corrected.

DETAIL: The sample programs were developed a long time ago. During the time between their development and the time that Mr. Mike attempted to use them, the folders containing these files had been changed.

NEXT TASK: My next task will be prepare a new set of downloadable files.
Coordinator
May 9, 2016 at 10:00 PM
MONDAY: 2016/05/09

STATUS: The Programmable Software Development Environment Downloadable
files have been inspected and found to be uploaded to my sites

DETAIL: The examples have been corrected along with the LINUX
Programmable Software Development Environment. Relative to the LINUX
version, you can use the './' in your file specifications to eliminate
the need to specify your home directory. Please look at your examples
for details. Using the './' to specify other directories may result in
an user error statement indicating that your executable could not be
found.

RESULTS: This specific task has been completed.
Coordinator
Jun 21, 2016 at 5:52 PM
MONDAY: 2016/06/20

STATUS: The Programmable Software Development Environment has many needs for improvement. One of these is a help display that is easily accessed during a check-out / testing processed.

DETAIL: Mr. Mike has complained about the ease of accessing the appropriate chapter in the manual during a checkout process. The appropriate help message should be accessable from the debug menu.

NEXT TASK: A new project associated with Mr. Mikes request will be started.