UTILITY DEVELOPMENT

Coordinator
Aug 24, 2012 at 6:49 PM

The activity associated with development of utility software parts libraries will be presented here.

The effort associated with the development, upgrading and testing the  script software parts library will be documented here. Specifically, the script software parts library will be upgraded to behave more like a software part. It will also be formally tested.

SCRIPT THURSDAY ACTIVITY: It has been decided to improve the handling of parameters in the script calling software parts.  This will include optional parameters in the base software part that executes the script.

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2012 at 7:36 PM

The activity associated with development of utility software parts libraries will be presented here.

The effort associated with the development, upgrading and testing the  script software parts library will be documented here. Specifically, the script software parts library will be upgraded to behave more like a software part. It will also be formally tested.

SCRIPT FRIDAY ACTIVITY: The handling of the optional parameters for the script calling software parts will be examined first. Corrections and improvements will be made as needed.

SCRIPT SATURDAY ACTIVITY: Currently, The software part that loads the script calling argument specifies both the calling argument as well as the called parameter which has to be defined in advance. This is not a normal coding method. Calling a subroutine does not require knowledge of called subroutine parameter names.  This can be solved by expanding the instruction for beginning loading a script to include a list of parameters.  The single command that currently begins loading a script would optionally be replaced by three commands: one that initializes the loading process and begins the parameter list, one that adds a parameter, and one that ends the parameter list.

SCRIPT SUNDAY ACTIVITY: Originally, a data storage capability was provided for each script.  This capability provided both the calling parameters for the script as well as other data storage requirements and is retained only during the execution of the script. The primary difference between the parameters and other data storage elements is the loading restrictions: Parameters can only be loaded from the calling script and the other data storage elements can only be loaded from within the called script. To implement this restriction, we must develop both capabilities at the same time.

SCRIPT MONDAY ACTIVITY: The software parts needed to define a parameter and a data storage element have been prepared. The next task is to define the necessary software parts to organize this capability at the beginning of the script before the first executable script command.  Any parameters should come first, then any data storage elements, and then any executable commands.  The necessary software parts to implement and enforce this order will be prepared next.

SCRIPT TUESDAY ACTIVITY: The most efficient solution to organizing the parameter and data storage element definition at the beginning of the script before the first executable script command was to build a "software fence"; i.e, a software part that must be inserted after the last data definition statement and before the first executable commands.  This software part has been prepared and tested. The next step is to modify the script calling and data loading software parts. 

Coordinator
Sep 7, 2012 at 7:20 PM

SCRIPT FRIDAY ACTIVITY: This script calling and data loading software parts have been modified. Unfortunately, these modifications look very much like a patch and I am not satisfied with my first efforts. I will re-examine these software parts and make the necessary modifications to clean up my work-products.

SCRIPT SATURDAY ACTIVITY: I believe that I have made the required modifications to clean up my work-products. I believe that the next step is to formally test this capability.  I have not as yet provide the needed modifications to provide the parameters of a script from the parameters of the _RUN_SCRIPT software part. It is my current plan to make these modifications after I test the script-calling commands.

SCRIPT TUESDAY ACTIVITY: During the check-out/test process of the script calling commands I discovered another error detection deficiency in the script software parts library. Specifically, the script software parts are capable of defining multiple scripts pretty much at the same time (there are a few exceptions).  Unfortunately I did not prepare an error software part that detected a lack of initial preparation before loading the commands. This will be fixed next.

Coordinator
Sep 21, 2012 at 9:01 PM

The activity associated with development of utility software parts
libraries will be presented here.

The effort associated with the development, upgrading and testing the
script software parts library will be documented here. Specifically,
the script software parts library will be upgraded to behave more like
a software part. It will also be formally tested.

SCRIPT TUESDAY ACTIVITY: I have prepared an error software part that
detects a lack of initial preparation before loading the commands. The
implementation of this software part is progressing. The modifications
of the calling commands will be performed next. This will include the
inclusion of this error detection software part.

Coordinator
Sep 28, 2012 at 6:25 PM

SCRIPT THURSDAY ACTIVITY: The modifications of the calling load commands have been made and partially tested. The testing of this command can only be completed when these calling commands are executed. The inclusion of this error detection software part will continue.

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2012 at 6:00 PM

My apologies for inadequacies in my blogging efforts.  I have had a non-related significant distraction from my research/development activities. These distractions have not as yet been completed.  Hopefully in a few weeks...

SCRIPT TUESDAY ACTIVITY: The transfer of text data from a calling script to the called script via the calling arguments has been successfully accomplished. There is still integration problems associated with the use of this data in the called program. The solution of these integration problems will be addressed next.

SCRIPT THURSDAY ACTIVITY: The software parts associated with a script calling another script have been modified and checked out. These software parts can now be used. Being able to pass parameters to the script in the _RUN_SCRIPT command has not been implemented.  There is still work to be done to upgrade the script library.

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2012 at 3:25 PM

My apologies for inadequacies in my blogging efforts.  I have had a non-related significant distraction from my research/development activities. These distractions have not as yet been completed.  Hopefully in a few weeks...

SCRIPT FRIDAY ACTIVITY: Being able to pass parameters to the script in the _RUN_SCRIPT command is next script library upgrade to be performed. In as much as I do not want to lose the use of this library for any length of time, this upgrade process will performed slowly with tiny steps.

Coordinator
Oct 26, 2012 at 4:20 PM

In order to use the certification software parts library in the development of the class base software development process, it is necessary to include a script call capability in this library.  This effort will be reported in this sub-section of the utility blog.

CERTIFICATION SATURDAY ACTIVITY: The two software parts needed to add the script calling capability to the certification software parts library have been prepared. The next task will be to checkout / formal-test this additional capability.

CERTIFICATION TUESDAY ACTIVITY: The checkout / formal-test process has been started and the basic calling process has been successfully checked. The calling process that enables the client to become a subsequent service function.

Coordinator
Nov 2, 2012 at 7:22 PM

SCRIPT MONDAY ACTIVITY: Being able to pass parameters to the script in the _RUN_SCRIPT command is next script library upgrade to be performed. I have now included the capability of insuring that the _BEGIN_RUN_SCRIPT, the _RUN_SCRIPT_ARGUMENT, and the _END_RUN_SCRIPT software parts are used in the proper order.  The next step is to prepare the _RUN_SCRIPT_ARGUMENT software part.

Coordinator
Nov 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM

CERTIFICATION BLOG: In order to certify that a product has been developed in strict compliance with the specified standards and has not been patched, pseudo-random longitudinal parity bits must be included in source code in the form of comments. These comments can be at the end of each line (C, C++, C#), at the beginning of each line (HTML), or at the end of each statement (Visual Basic).  This blog will present the research and development section associated with upgrading the existing output library to facilitate both the generation and the testing of all three forms of product source code.

CERTIFICATION TUESDAY ACTIVITY: There are existing libraries for writing source code. One of these libraries writes source code with the parity bit at the end of each line.  The other writes at the beginning. There is no well-developed way of testing the parity at this time. The first step is to define a structure which will facilitate the writing and testing of all three output formats.

CERTIFICATION WEDNESDAY ACTIVITY: It occurred to me last night that in the development of a software source file, there are two checkout / formal testing phases; one to certify the proper preparation of the source file and the other to certify its proper execution.  Arrows and dates will be used to record the status of both phases. As a consequence, it is probably easier to use a separate comment line at the end or beginning of each source statement to report the status of the statement and contain the parity bit.

CERTIFICATION THURSDAY ACTIVITY: There are three basic forms of output file: Programmable Software Development Environment files; source code files, and document text files. The Programmable Software Development Environment files will always have a comment at the end of the line with the parity byte.  The source code files will have a comment line following each statement with the parity byte. The document text file has no comment. In this case certification information can be added to the text by randomly increasing spaces from one to two blanks.

Coordinator
Nov 16, 2012 at 8:06 PM

CERTIFICATION BLOG: Inorder to certify that a product has been developed in strict compliance with the specified standards and has not been patched, pseudo-random longitudinal parity bits must be included in source code in the form of comments. These comments can be at the end of each line (C, C++, C#), at the beginning of each line (HTML), or at the end of each statement (Visual Basic).  This blog will present the research and development section associated with upgrading the existing output library to facilitate both the generation and the testing of all three forms of product source code.

CERTIFICATION FRIDAY ACTIVITY: I reexamined the program output software parts library and I learned that 1) it is not being used in any current applications and 2) is very obsolete. It was developed over 10 years ago when I was not considering portability and certification. Furthermore, although it has been extensively used, it has not been formally tested. It is now time to perform this development and formal test effort.

CERTIFICATION SATURDAY ACTIVITY: The development process has been started and a significant challenge was discovered. It is important to make the selection to write a file or certify a file as simple and transparent as possible.  It is currently planned to make this decision in the source sub-task file.  If the  subject files are input files, they will be certified. If the subject files are output files, they will be written.

CERTIFICATION THURSDAY ACTIVITY: The development of the basic output / certification library is progressing without incidence. Certification at this level is accomplished on a line by line basis. Instead of writing the line in an output file, it is compared for equality with a line in the input file. An error will be reported if this comparison fails. This library should be ready for test soon after the Thanksgiving holidays.

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2012 at 7:10 PM

CERTIFICATION BLOG: Inorder to certify that a product has been developed in strict compliance with the specified standards and has not been patched, pseudo-random longitudinal parity bits must be included in source code in the form of comments. These comments can be at the end of each line (C, C++, C#), at the beginning of each line (HTML), or at the end of each statement (Visual Basic).  This blog will present the research and development section associated with upgrading the existing output library to facilitate both the generation and the testing of all three forms of product source code.

CERTIFICATION THURSDAY ACTIVITY: I have now completed my Thanksgiving trip and will restart my research / development activities. Questions that will be considered is the certification of the paste oriented document files in which each paragraph is a long single line. It may be desireable to upgrade the Programmable Software Development Environment to make this possible.

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2012 at 7:44 PM

CERTIFICATION FRIDAY ACTIVITY: The Programmable Software Development Environment will need to be upgraded in order to certify a paste-able text file. In a paste-able text file, each paragraph is contained in one very long line of text. The Programmable Software Development Environment is capable of writing these lines but not reading them. The associated development effort will be reported in the "Open Source Software Development Tool: Upgrade Progress" blog. The development of the basic output / certification library for standard files will continue in this blog.

CERTIFICATION SUNDAY ACTIVITY: The certification process involves reading the subject file and comparing it on a line-by-line basis to what is expected.  A report must be issued. Error statements are not adequate.  The data for this report will be contained in a post-office. Preparing and modifying the software parts to store and fetch the report data is the next task.

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2012 at 7:53 PM

It is planned to upgrade the Programmable Software Development Environment to include the capability of reading the paste-in text files where the each paragraph is one very long line.

Currently, the Programmable Software Development Environment has the capability of reading a standard ASCII text file where the TAB character is replaced with a suitable number of blanks. Each line of the text file cannot be longer than 256 characters. On the other hand, the Programmable Software Development Environment has the capability of writing a paste-in text file where each paragraph is one very long line. This capability includes the ability to include special characters such the TAB.

The ability to read the paste-in text file is needed to certify that the file has not been changed, was developed using the agree-upon standard libraries, or has not been illegally copied.

TUESDAY: The new utility routine for precfile.cpp for reading a string of ASCII text characters has been prepared.  These text characters do not include byte values less than 32 or greater than 126.  The preparation of utility routine will read a special character (bytes values less than 32 or greater than 126) is the next task. 

THURSDAY: The new utility routine for precfile.cpp for reading a special character (bytes values less than 32 or greater than 126) has been prepared. The next task will be to integrate these routines into the existing routine for reading a line of a text file. Additional small utilities may be needed.

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2012 at 7:56 PM

CERTIFICATION TUESDAY ACTIVITY: The certification process involves reading the subject file and comparing it on a line-by-line basis to what is expected. Preparing and modifying the software parts to store and fetch the report data has been completed. At the present time the Programmable Software Development Environment is still not capable of reading the very long "paste-in" lines. None the less, the basic output / certification library can be tested. This library can be modified at a later time when the Programmable Software Development Environment modifications have been completed. The preparation of the files needed to perform the formal checkout/test process with the Programmable Software Development Environment Monte-Carlo test capabilities will be prepared next.

Coordinator
Dec 21, 2012 at 4:59 PM

CERTIFICATION FRIDAY ACTIVITY: The certification process involves reading the subject file and comparing it on a line-by-line basis to what is expected. The associated software parts library has been prepared and is ready for check out / formal test. The check-out / formal test of this library is the next task.

CERTIFICATION SUNDAY ACTIVITY: The certification process involves reading the subject file and comparing it on a line-by-line basis to what is expected. The associated software parts library check out / formal test has begun. The output file creation software parts have been functionally checked out. The functional check-out of certification software parts is the next task.

CERTIFICATION MONDAY ACTIVITY: The certification process involves reading the subject file and comparing it on a line-by-line basis to what is expected. The associated software parts library check out / formal test has begun. The functional check-out of certification software parts has been completed for certifiable files. The next step is to update and test the report handling software parts.

CERTIFICATION THURSDAY ACTIVITY: Portability problems between Linux and Windows environment were discovered and solved.  Specifically, the Programmable Software Development Environment, when reading the text file, handles the end of file differently.  The next step is to update and test the report handling software parts.

Coordinator
Dec 28, 2012 at 7:54 PM

CERTIFICATION MONDAY ACTIVITY: The certification process involves reading the subject file and comparing it on a line-by-line basis to what is expected. The associated software parts library check out / formal test continues. The functional check-out of report handling software parts continues.  Not all of the certification errors have been simulated.

CERTIFICATION THURSDAY ACTIVITY: The certification process involves reading the subject file and comparing it on a line-by-line basis to what is expected. The associated software parts library check out / formal test continues. The functional check-out of certification error report handling software parts continues.  It is a significant challenge in that currently a certification error does not terminate the execution of the certification test.  More modifications are expected.

Coordinator
Jan 4, 2013 at 4:58 PM

CERTIFICATION THURSDAY ACTIVITY: The certification process involves reading the subject file and comparing it on a line-by-line basis to what is expected. The associated software parts library check out / formal test continues. The functional check-out of certification error report handling software parts continues. There are three kinds of certification errors: 1) The text read from the file is different than the required text, 2) an illegal blank line, and 3) an illegal end of file. The detection and reporting of the first two certification errors types have been successfully tested. The detection and reporting of an illegal end of file is next.

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2013 at 4:45 PM

CERTIFICATION THURSDAY ACTIVITY: The certification process involves reading the subject file and comparing it on a line-by-line basis to what is expected. The associated software parts library check out / formal test continues. The functional check-out of certification error report handling software parts continues. There are four kinds of certification errors (I have added one more): 1) The text read from the file is different than the required text, 2) an illegal blank line, 3) a missing blank line and 3) an illegal end of file. The detection and reporting of all four certification errors types have been successfully tested. There are still some usage errors that need to be tested; however, I believe that this software parts library can be experimentally used.  These additional tests will be run on a lower priority basis.

Coordinator
Feb 19, 2013 at 5:31 PM
script software parts library will be documented here. Specifically,
the script software parts library will be upgraded to behave more like
a software part. It will also be formally tested.

The software parts of the script library are currently being updated so
that one or more parameters can be passed to the script at the
_RUN_SCRIPT execution level.

TUESDAY: 2013/02/19

STATUS: The capability of passing parameters from the _RUN_SCRIPT level
has been implemented and appears to be functional.

NEXT TASK: Formal testing of this new capability will begin.
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM
The effort associated with the development, upgrading and testing the script software parts library will be documented here. Specifically, the script software parts library will be upgraded to behave more like a software part. It will also be formally tested.

The software parts of the script library are currently being updated so that one or more parameters can be passed to the script at the _RUN_SCRIPT execution level.

WEDNESDAY: 2013/02/20

STATUS: The capability of passing parameters from the _RUN_SCRIPT level has been implemented. Formal tests have been started.

RESULTS: The formal tests performed have indicated that the new capability is functional.

NEXT TASK: Formal testing of this new capability will continue. This new capability will now be used in the development of the common source output language which is documented in the portability blog.
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2013 at 12:19 AM
basic output software parts library will be documented here. If there
is anyone who desires to assist me in this development process, please
contact me by e-mail.

The affected software parts and their functional description are listed
below. The purpose of this library is to be able to write or certify
one or more text files. These parts are similar to object oriented
subroutines.

_BASIC_OUT_CONSTRUCT: Initiallizes the library for a write or
certification function.

_BASIC_OUT_DESTROY: Completes the operation by eliminating the
specific setup.

_BASIC_OUT_BEGIN_SETUP: Begins a setup procedure by which the files to
be processed are specified.

_BASIC_OUT_ADD_FILE: Add a file to the process list.

_BASIC_OUT_END_SETUP: Completes the setup procedure.

_BASIC_OUT_GET_WRITE_NO: Utility: Search the output file list for the
the specified file.

_BASIC_OUT_GET_READ_NO: Utility: Search the input file list for the the
specified file.

_BASIC_OUT_ALIAS_FORMAT: Utility: Check for duplicate file
specification.

_BASIC_OUT_FILES_BEGIN: Begin the processing of files.

_BASIC_OUT_FILES_END: Ends the processing of files.

_BASIC_OUT_TEXT: Processes a text segment in a specified file.

_BASIC_OUT_CHAR: Processes a special character in a specified file.

_BASIC_OUT_END_LINE: Processes a CRLF in a specified file.

_BASIC_OUT_READ_SEGMENT: Utility -- Reads a text segment or special
character.

_BASIC_OUT_BASIC_READ: Utility -- Basic Read for text segment, special
character, or CRLF.

_BASIC_OUT_FILE_LINE_END: Utility -- Find the next CRLF in the file.

_BASIC_OUT_ERROR_INITIAL: Utility -- Initial Error Management System
file.

_BASIC_OUT_ERROR_RECORD: Utility -- Record Error

_BASIC_OUT_ERROR_END_FILE: Utility -- Record Unexpected End of File

_BASIC_OUT_ERROR_READ_OK: Utility -- Permission to read a line

_BASIC_OUT_GET_NO_ERRORS: Return the number of error entries.

_BASIC_OUT_GET_ERROR_TYPE: Return the error type associated with a
error number.

_BASIC_OUT_GET_ERROR_LINE_NO: Return the line number associated with a
TITLE: Development of Basic Text Write/Certification Utility Libraries
error number.

_BASIC_OUT_TEST_NO_ERRORS: Verify the number of error entries.

_BASIC_OUT_TEST_ERROR_TYPE: Verify the error type associated with a
error number.

_BASIC_OUT_TEST_ERROR_LINE_NO: Verify the line number associated with a
error number.

_BASIC_OUT_WRITE_REPORT: UTILITY -- Record a certification error.

_BASIC_OUT_VERIFY_ALIAS: UTILITY -- Verify Postal Alias .

MONDAY: 2013/07/15 ************************************************

STATUS: This is the first formal post associated with the development
and formal test of a software parts library.

DETAIL: The currently known software parts have been listed above. As
the the development / test process proceeds, the list will be tailored
to the associated parts.

NEXT TASK: I need to decide which of two methods are used to specify
the file being processed. Either its alias will be added to the
_BASIC_OUT_TEXT. _BASIC_OUT_CHAR, and _BASIC_OUT_END_LINE as a
parameter, or an additional set of beginning and ending a specific file
will be needed.
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2013 at 4:42 PM
contact me by e-mail.

subroutines.

_BASIC_OUT_CONSTRUCT: Initiallizes the library for a write or
certification function.

specific setup.

the specified file.

specified file.

specification.

character.

character, or CRLF.

file.

error number.

error number.

error number.

error number.

TUESDAY: 2013/07/16

STATUS: I have decided to add the file alias as an additional parameter
to the _BASIC_OUT_TEXT, _BASIC_OUT_CHAR, and _BASIC_OUT_END_LINE
software parts.

DETAIL: This will facilitate the use of this library by allowing the
processing of multiple files on a segment-by-segment basis. An
additional utility may need to be prepared.

NEXT TASK: The three software parts will next be modified to include
the alias parameter. The additional utility will be prepared if
necessary.
Coordinator
Jul 19, 2013 at 12:06 AM
contact me by e-mail.

subroutines.

_BASIC_OUT_CONSTRUCT: Initializes the library for a write or
certification function.

specific setup.

the specified file.

specified file.

specification.

character.

character, or CRLF.

file.

error number.

error number.

error number.

error number.

THURSDAY: 2013/07/18

STATUS: The file alias has been added as an additional parameter to the
_BASIC_OUT_TEXT, _BASIC_OUT_CHAR, and _BASIC_OUT_END_LINE software
parts.

NEXT TASK: The next task is to implement a preparation line counter. If
an error has occurred the line that is being prepared may be different
than the actual file line counter.
Coordinator
Jul 19, 2013 at 10:12 PM
The effort associated with the development, upgrading and testing the basic output software parts library will be documented here. If there is anyone who desires to assist me in this development process, please contact me by e-mail.

The affected software parts and their functional description are listed below. The purpose of this library is to be able to write or certify one or more text files. These parts are similar to object oriented subroutines.

_BASIC_OUT_CONSTRUCT: Initializes the library for a write or certification function.

_BASIC_OUT_DESTROY: Completes the operation by eliminating the specific setup.

_BASIC_OUT_BEGIN_SETUP: Begins a setup procedure by which the files to be processed are specified.

_BASIC_OUT_GET_WRITE_NO: Utility: Search the output file list for the the specified file.

_BASIC_OUT_GET_READ_NO: Utility: Search the input file list for the the specified file.

_BASIC_OUT_ALIAS_FORMAT: Utility: Check for duplicate file specification.

_BASIC_OUT_READ_SEGMENT: Utility -- Reads a text segment or special character.

_BASIC_OUT_BASIC_READ: Utility -- Basic Read for text segment, special character, or CRLF.

_BASIC_OUT_ERROR_INITIAL: Utility -- Initial Error Management System file.

_BASIC_OUT_GET_ERROR_TYPE: Return the error type associated with a error number.

_BASIC_OUT_GET_ERROR_LINE_NO: Return the line number associated with a error number.

_BASIC_OUT_GET_ERROR_PREP_NO: Return the preparation number associated with a error number.

_BASIC_OUT_TEST_ERROR_TYPE: Verify the error type associated with a error number.

_BASIC_OUT_TEST_ERROR_LINE_NO: Verify the line number associated with a error number.

_BASIC_OUT_TEST_ERROR_PREP_NO: Verify the preparation number associated with a error number.

FRIDAY: 2013/07/19

DETAIL: The routines _BASIC_OUT_TEXT, _BASIC_OUT_TEXT, _BASIC_OUT_CHAR, _BASIC_OUT_ADD_FILE, and _BASIC_OUT_WRITE_REPORT were modified. The new routines _BASIC_OUT_GET_ERROR_PREP_NO, and _BASIC_OUT_TEST_ERROR_PREP_NO were added.

NEXT TASK: The next task is to implement the end-of-file routines.
Coordinator
Jul 20, 2013 at 9:48 PM
contact me by e-mail.

subroutines.

certification function.

specific setup.

the specified file.

specified file.

specification.

character.

character, or CRLF.

file.

error number.

error number.

_BASIC_OUT_GET_ERROR_PREP_NO: Return the preparation number associated
with a error number.

error number.

error number.

_BASIC_OUT_TEST_ERROR_PREP_NO: Verify the preparation number associated
with a error number.

SATURDAY: 2013/07/20 ************************************************

RESULTS: These software parts are ready for test. These parts need the
_READ_SEGMENT and _WRITE_SEGMENT commands implemented in the upgraded
Programmable Software Development Environment.

NEXT TASK: The next task will be to use these parts to test the new
Programmable Software Development Environment. The checkout process
will be reported in the blog associated in the Tool Upgrade process.
Coordinator
Aug 3, 2013 at 11:44 PM
he effort associated with the development, upgrading and testing the basic output software parts library will be documented here. If there is anyone who desires to assist me in this development process, please contact me by e-mail.

The affected software parts and their functional description are listed below. The purpose of this library is to be able to write or certify one or more text files. These parts are similar to object oriented subroutines. The parts that have been completely tested are noted.

_BASIC_OUT_CONSTRUCT: Initializes the library for a write or certification function.

_BASIC_OUT_DESTROY: Completes the operation by eliminating the specific setup. COMPLETELY TESTED.

_BASIC_OUT_BEGIN_SETUP: Begins a setup procedure by which the files to be processed are specified. COMPLETELY TESTED.

_BASIC_OUT_END_SETUP: Completes the setup procedure. COMPLETELY TESTED.

_BASIC_OUT_GET_WRITE_NO: Utility: Search the output file list for the the specified file. COMPLETELY TESTED.

_BASIC_OUT_GET_READ_NO: Utility: Search the input file list for the the specified file. COMPLETELY TESTED.

_BASIC_OUT_FILES_BEGIN: Begin the processing of files. COMPLETELY TESTED.

_BASIC_OUT_BASIC_READ: Utility -- Basic Read for text segment, special character, or CRLF.

_BASIC_OUT_GET_ERROR_TYPE: Return the error type associated with a error number.

_BASIC_OUT_GET_ERROR_LINE_NO: Return the line number associated with a error number.

_BASIC_OUT_GET_ERROR_PREP_NO: Return the preparation number associated with a error number.

_BASIC_OUT_TEST_ERROR_TYPE: Verify the error type associated with a error number.

_BASIC_OUT_TEST_ERROR_LINE_NO: Verify the line number associated with a error number.

_BASIC_OUT_TEST_ERROR_PREP_NO: Verify the preparation number associated with a error number.

_BASIC_OUT_WRITE_REPORT: UTILITY -- Record a certification error. COMPLETELY TESTED.

SATURDAY: 2013/08/03

DETAIL: Two files are written and then read. These include both text and special character segments.

RESULTS: Two files where the write and read are identical were tested. Also, The detection of an error where the write and read with a segment with different special characters and or different strings was tested.

NEXT TASK: The next task will be to continue the tests associated with error detection. Specifically, different segment types will be processed. For example writing a string and reading a special character will be tested.
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2013 at 1:10 AM
contact me by e-mail.

subroutines. The parts that have been completely tested are noted.

certification function.

specific setup. COMPLETELY TESTED.

be processed are specified. COMPLETELY TESTED.

the specified file. COMPLETELY TESTED.

specified file. COMPLETELY TESTED.

specification.

_BASIC_OUT_FILES_BEGIN: Begin the processing of files. COMPLETELY
TESTED.

character.

character, or CRLF.

file.

error number.

error number.

with a error number.

error number.

error number.

with a error number.

COMPLETELY TESTED.

TUESDAY: 2013/08/06

STATUS: The tests associated with error detection associated with
different segment types was successfully tested. This included a
missing or unexpected end of line (CRLF).

NEXT TASK: The next task will be to continue the tests associated with
error detection. Specifically, unexpected or missing end-of-file will
be tested.
Coordinator
Aug 9, 2013 at 12:39 AM
contact me by e-mail.

certification function.

specification.

TESTED.

character.

character, or CRLF.

file.

error number.

error number.

with a error number.

error number.

error number.

with a error number.

COMPLETELY TESTED.

THURSDAY: 2013/08/08

STATUS: The detection of unexpected or missing end-of-files has been
successfully tested.

DETAIL: The end-of-file testing is not complete. An attempt to read
the two blank lines the complete the file must detected as an error
when the lines actually been read contain text or special characters.

RESULTS: This library has been sufficiently tested to render it usable
in various applications.

NEXT TASK: The end-of-file testing will continue.
Coordinator
Aug 16, 2013 at 1:26 AM
The effort associated with the development, upgrading and testing the basic output software parts library will be documented here. If there is anyone who desires to assist me in this development process, please contact me by e-mail.

The affected software parts and their functional description are listed below. The purpose of this library is to be able to write or certify one or more text files. These parts are similar to object oriented subroutines. The parts that have been completely tested are noted.

_BASIC_OUT_DESTROY: Completes the operation by eliminating the specific setup. COMPLETELY TESTED.

_BASIC_OUT_BEGIN_SETUP: Begins a setup procedure by which the files to be processed are specified. COMPLETELY TESTED.

_BASIC_OUT_GET_WRITE_NO: Utility: Search the output file list for the the specified file. COMPLETELY TESTED.

_BASIC_OUT_GET_READ_NO: Utility: Search the input file list for the the specified file. COMPLETELY TESTED.

_BASIC_OUT_FILES_END: Ends the processing of files. COMPLETELY TESTED.

_BASIC_OUT_ERROR_RECORD: Utility -- Record Error, COMPLETELY TESTED.

_BASIC_OUT_ERROR_END_FILE: Utility -- Record Unexpected End of File. COMPLETELY TESTED.

_BASIC_OUT_ERROR_READ_OK: Utility -- Permission to read a line. COMPLETELY TESTED.

_BASIC_OUT_WRITE_REPORT: UTILITY -- Record a certification error. COMPLETELY TESTED.

THURSDAY: 2013/08/15

STATUS: The end-of-file testing has been successfully completed. The testing of its multiple error processing capability has been successfully started.

DETAIL: The software parts library is designed to be able to have up to a user specified n-consecutive lines with errors before terminating execution. The basic technique appears to be functional

RESULTS: This library has been sufficiently tested to render it usable in various applications.

NEXT TASK: The testing of its multiple error processing capability will continue.
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2013 at 12:09 AM

_BASIC_OUT_ERROR_END_FILE: Utility -- Record Unexpected End of File. COMPLETELY TESTED.

_BASIC_OUT_ERROR_READ_OK: Utility -- Permission to read a line. COMPLETELY TESTED.

THURSDAY: 2013/08/15

STATUS: The end-of-file testing has been successfully completed. The testing of its multiple error processing capability has been successfully started.

DETAIL: The software parts library is designed to be able to have up to a user specified n-consecutive lines with errors before terminating execution. The basic technique appears to be functional

RESULTS: This library has been sufficiently tested to render it usable in various applications.

NEXT TASK: The testing of its multiple error processing capability will continue.
Coordinator
Aug 21, 2013 at 12:39 AM

_BASIC_OUT_BASIC_READ: Utility -- Basic Read for text segment, special character, or CRLF. COMPLETELY TESTED.

TUESDAY: 2013/08/20

STATUS: A missing crlf in the read multiple consecutive error environment has been successfully detected.

NEXT TASK: The testing of its multiple error processing capability will continue. Specifically, unexpected or missing end-of-file will be tested in this environment.
Coordinator
Aug 26, 2013 at 11:18 PM

_BASIC_OUT_BASIC_READ: Utility -- Basic Read for text segment, special character, or CRLF. COMPLETELY TESTED.

MONDAY: 2013/08/26

STATUS: The testing of the capability to start testing at a specified line has been started. When the starting line read and the starting line to be generated are the same, the process appears to be functional. The implementation of this feature was found to be inadequate when the starting line read read and the starting line generated are not same.

DETAIL: Each file may need a different number of lines to be read before testing begins.

NEXT TASK: The number of lines to be read before testing begins will be specified for each file in the _BASIC_OUT_ADD_FILE, not the _BASIC_OUT_CONSTRUCT module. The necessary modifications will be made.
Coordinator
Aug 30, 2013 at 12:55 AM
contact me by e-mail.

certification function. COMPLETELY TESTED.

specification.

TESTED.

character.

character, or CRLF. COMPLETELY TESTED.

COMPLETELY TESTED.

file. COMPLETELY TESTED.

_BASIC_OUT_ERROR_END_FILE: Utility -- Record Unexpected End of File.
COMPLETELY TESTED.

_BASIC_OUT_ERROR_READ_OK: Utility -- Permission to read a line.
COMPLETELY TESTED.

error number.

error number.

with a error number.

error number.

error number.

with a error number.

COMPLETELY TESTED.

THURSDAY: 2013/08/29

LOG_BASIC_OUT_ERROR_INITIAL have been modified to enable the number
lines to be read before testing begins to be optionally specified by
an additional __BASIC_OUT_ADD parameter. These changes have been
tested and found to be functional.

DETAIL: Each file may need a different number of lines to be read
before testing begins. In particular, it may be important to
discontinue the testing of a file when another is being corrected.
This feature has been tested.

RESULTS: I believe that this software parts library is now functional
and can be used in other applications.

NEXT TASK: The software parts of this library will be examined to see
whether any further tests are required to render the library usable.
Coordinator
Sep 2, 2013 at 11:43 PM

_BASIC_OUT_CONSTRUCT: Initializes the library for a write or certification function. COMPLETELY TESTED.

_BASIC_OUT_FILE_LINE_END: Utility -- Find the next CRLF in the file. COMPLETELY TESTED.

_BASIC_OUT_ERROR_INITIAL: Utility -- Initial Error Management System file. COMPLETELY TESTED.

MONDAY: 2013/09/02

STATUS: The software parts of this library have been tentative found to be usable.

DETAIL: I still have functional elements that have not been tested. Specifically, there are a set of functional elements that read the error reports that are contained a set of post offices.

RESULTS: These error reporting parts are important to the preparation of certification and intellectual property compromise reports. They are not currently needed for using this library in the generation of various source files.

NEXT TASK: Based on all available marketing data, restarting my project for developing websites by portable standard methods is the next step. The basic output library will be integral part of this effort. This effort will be documented in Web-Site Portable Development posts. This project will be put on hold until a future time.
Coordinator
Nov 12, 2013 at 9:05 PM
contact me by e-mail.

TUESDAY: 2013/11/12

STATUS: This library is being used in a number of applications include
web-site development and preparation of documents in both a printable
and internet pasteable format. While preparing one of these documents,
I encountered an error that appears to be associated with the
Programmable Software Development Environment.

DETAIL: The specific error was that a $ followed by a number, s dollar
value was erroneously considered by the Programmable Software
Development Environment WRITE_SEGMENT Command as a parameter. This
has not happened before when I was using the
LOAD_BUFFER and
APPEND_BUFFER commands while writing the same files.

NEXT TASK: I will examine the _WRITE_SEGMENT command of the
Programmable Software Development Environment and report my findings in
blog associated with its update.